The purpose of this particular section is to provide you with information about the range of cruising options possible using Canaltime at Kings Orchard as your base.
MARKET DRAYTON & RETURN
7 Nights • Cruising Time Per day: 7.5 Hrs • Locks: 38
• Through Fradley Junction, Great Haywood, Tixall Wide, Penkridge, Autherley Junction, Tyrley Locks and back.
• In a parallel world reflectng the evolution of transport, with unforgetable days full of tranquil drama and whimsy, your route will lead you under bridges, over aqueducts and through unusual canal cuttngs.
• It will take you on a richly green tour that skims the distant outskirts of the urban Midlands before burstng into the tranquil haven of Shropshire countryside.
THE BIRMINGHAM RING
7 Nights • Cruising Time Per day: 7 Hrs • Locks: 79
• A route with a mix of rural and urban, taking in parts of the Coventry Canal, Trent & Mersey Canal, Staffordshire & Worcestershire Canal, Birmingham Canal Navigations and Birmingham & Fazeley Canal.
• This ring, which includes three tunnels, several aqueducts and 79 locks- can be done in 7 nights or a more relaxing 14 nights.
• Your route swings from lock-free relaxation to energetic lock flights, from rural to urban, and contrasts the winding and straight routes by two of the greatest canal engineers.
• This is a journey of junctions – Fradley, Great Haywood, Aldersley, Salford, Fazeley- from the sprawling green territory of Cannock Chase to the historic canal basin in Birmingham city centre.