The purpose of this particular section is to provide you with information about the range of cruising options possible using Canaltime at Springwood Haven as your base.
BANBURY & RETURN
7 Nights • Cruising Time Per day: 8.5 Hrs • Locks: 50
• This is a journey of trade and heritage, accompanied by the rhythms of poetry, music and nursery rhymes. Meandering along one of engineer James Brindley’s renowned contour-hugging canals, the peaceful countryside calls out with symbolic windmills, quirky huts and wartime memories.
MARKET HARBOROUGH & RETURN
7 Nights • Cruising Time Per day: 9 Hrs • Locks: 54
• A relaxing cruise, as the canal winds through uncluttered countryside. This route offers the rare chance to revel in remote landscapes with the drama of an idyllic lock flight and the heritage of two of Britain’s canals’ most loved marinas.
TIXALL WIDE & RETURN
7 Nights • Cruising Time Per day: 7 Hrs • Locks: 36
• With stories of canal companies, pottery makers, and aristocrats who shaped their surroundings for their pleasure, you’ll meet wildlife and learn about language and perhaps new tiller skills!
STOKE BRUERNE & RETURN
7 Nights • Cruising Time Per day: 7.5 Hrs • Locks: 34
• Your rural cruise leads from iron bridges to idyllic thatched cottages, from sport to shoes. On a journey which tells of world-renowned engineering and mathematics, you will discover more of the heritage of the canals and ironically of our modern world.
THE EAST MIDLANDS & LEICESTER RING
10-14 Nights • Cruising Time Per day: 6 – 8.5 Hrs • Locks: 100
• This is a varied route which takes in the Coventry Canal, parts of the Oxford Canal, Grand Union Canal Leicester Line, the River Soar, a short section of the River Trent and part of the Trent & Mersey Canal.
THE WARWICKSHIRE RING
10-14 Nights • Cruising Time Per day: 4.5 – 6.5 Hrs • Locks: 120
• This route takes in parts of the Oxford Canal, the Coventry Canal, the Birmingham & Fazeley Canal, Stratford Canal, Worcester & Birmingham Canal and the Grand Union Main Line. A great mix of rural and urban cruising.
SHARDLOW & RETURN
14 Nights • Cruising Time Per day: 7.5 Hrs • Locks: 58
• A route with tales of medieval times and reeds, special water used by monks to change a town’s fortunes and a vital inland port with links to pottery, the Industrial Revolution and ‘canal mania’.