Just follow these tips and you’ll be amazed
While storage space can be at a premium on a canal boat, there’s no reason why you need to leave your favourite kit behind. Just follow these tips and you’ll be amazed at how much one hand-luggage sized suitcase will carry!
- Mix ‘n’ match > make sure the items you’re packing will “mix and match” with each other to provide multiple outfit options.
- Roll, don’t fold > if you roll rather than fold clothes, you’ll fit half as much again into the case.
- Heavy stuff at the bottom > fill shoes with socks and pad around toilet bags with other bits (keeping the heavy stuff at the bottom stops it creasing the lighter items).
- Create layers of tightly rolled clothes to stop things moving around in the case and getting creased. Fill gaps with underwear etc. The key is to leave no space unfilled!
- Seek out the packing bags that expel air as you squeeze them – the special valve on the bag pushes the air out, effectively shrink-wrapping your clothes.
Most important of all, enjoy your holiday!